Presidential Doctoral Scholarship Award
For entry in September 2021, the Doctoral Academy Leadership Team at the University of Manchester has agreed to support three fully-funded PDS PhD scholarships for international candidates. The Post Graduate Researcher Committee of all three schools within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health will prioritise their top two candidates to be interviewed.
- Award Name: Presidential Doctoral Scholarship Award
- Total Awards: 3
- Funding: The 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships will cover
- (i) Tuition fees at international rate (max. Band 2) (provides £8kpa project costs);
- (ii) Student maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate)
- Entry: September, 2021
- University: University of Manchester
- Faculty: Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Eligibility Criteria:
- hold a conditional / unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2021;
- hold (or are about to obtain) a First Class Honours undergraduate degree (or the equivalent qualification gained outside the UK) from a reputable institution;
- ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or the equivalent qualification gained outside the UK);
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS students.
- To support the development of links with Kenya, should two candidates of equal quality be identified following the panel interviews, priority will be given to the project/candidate linked to that region.
- Deadline for online student applications – Thursday 25 March 2021
- Deadline for submission of project/student – Friday 30 April 2021
- School PGRCs review of priority candidates – By end-May 2021
- Panel interviews and selection of candidates – Early June 2021
Full details on the criteria for the fully-funded PDS PhD Scholarships, funding process and timeframe can be found here.